Graphic Design Intern
WANTED: Graphic design intern for a fun-filled, growing marketing company
Obviouslee Marketing is on the hunt for a stellar graphic design intern to join our downtown Charleston, SC location.
We’re looking for a creative individual who is able develop fresh concepts, but also work within defined brand standards, showing both creativity and an attention to detail. Must be able to manage multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines and have ability to work in wide range of communication channels.
Our graphic design intern will be working on the following types of projects to gain hands-on agency experience, expand their graphic design knowledge and skill sets, and develop a well-rounded portfolio:
- Production Design – ad resizing, ad layouts, preparing images or assets for websites, reproducing website page layouts with new assets, etc.
- Graphic Design – assist in the creation of logos, campaigns, social media brand elements, eNewsletter layouts, advertising concepts and layouts, website design concepts and layouts, etc.
- Research and Strategy – help with competitive analysis, gather outside resources (websites or images) for inspiration, pull campaign examples, etc.
- Agency Processes – participation in team meetings and brainstorms on larger design projects to learn typical agency creative processes and assist creative team in the concepting and creation of projects such as branding, website design, ad campaign, marketing collateral, etc.
- Previous graphic design experience working with Adobe Creative Suite is required. All applicants must include a link or attachment to your design portfolio for consideration.
- Ability to adapt campaign concepts and designs across a variety of platforms, including print, Web, social, etc.
- Ability to work on a variety of aspects of a project, including development of initial concepts, layout, photo selection, revisions, and file preparation.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), using Max OS X.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote).
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in partnership with Project Manager, Art Director, Creative Director, and/or Web Developer.
- Positive attitude, able to receive feedback or constructive criticism from team members.
- Experience working creatively within defined brand standards is a plus.
We offer flexible work schedules and are offering this internship for course credit and professional development. We will also give guidance and mentorship your on design skills, portfolio development and interviewing skills. We also have dogs, great music and a keg in our office. It’s a pretty happy place.